Loving this post about friendship from the Frenemy.
A few of my faves are:
- and tell them that dress looks stupid on them but man, that skirt makes their ass look great
- Realize you will never get those socks/that hair tie back
- Tell them their ex’s new girlfriend is a bitch
- Even though she isn’t
- Serenade them with Total Eclipse of the Heart or You Oughta Know
Here are some others that my friends and I decided we’d add:
- if they want to record a video of you singing a taylor swift song while driving, let them do it – you will always reminisce about it later
- always hold their hair when they’re headfirst in the toilet at a dirty frat party/bar
- name your kids together and talk about their future play dates
- be so close that no knocking is required before entering their house
- hug and squeal every time you see each other whether you’ve been apart for months or a day
- get excited about her birthday as though it’s your own, maybe even more so
- forgive her when she turns into a drunk, weeping diva on her birthday, you’ll have your turn
- share a bed, unless she snores or wheezes, then do obnoxious impressions of her and explain how you won’t let that shit interfere with your beauty sleep
What would you add?
With limited vacation days, it’s tough to get that time to yourself that you need to keep sane at work! Luckily, I’ve been able to take 3 mini trips this summer, which I almost enjoy better than one big one.
I’ve already blogged about my trip to Chicago (my future cityyy!) and talked about what was then my soon-to-be trip to the Cape and Martha’s Vineyard. The trip was great! I drove down (or over or up? I’m not good with maps..) with my boyfriend on a Wednesday night after work. We stayed for two nights at a house in Dennis on the Cape that his family had rented for a week. After getting in at 1:30 in the morning, we got up at 6:00 and went deep sea fishing. Totally not my thing but ended up being AWESOME!
After some beach time and amazing seafood my boyfriend and I left to hit the Vineyard for a couple of days with my best friends from home. To avoid the high-prices that are the Vineyard, we fit 8 of us into a tiny 10×10 room with two twin bed and a couple of air mattresses. Tight squeeze but it was hilarious. We walked around, shopped a bit then got some seafood and hit the bar for my 23rd birthday celebration.
We did so much more but the details probably won’t interest you! It was a much-needed and much-appreciated trip. Hope you’ve had a few like that this summer!
WONDERFUL weekend in Chicago with three of my best girl friends from college. It felt so so good to have a girl’s weekend that consisted of dancing, frozen pizza, beer, trashy reality tv (heyyy kourtney and khloe), gossip, ice cream, tanning, cosmo, photoshoots and barhopping.
p.s. I am so moving to Chicago.