I’ve been seroiusly MIA from my blog lately, oops. Here’s a quote I really like from The Daily Love:
“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. Fear of the unknown is our greatest fear. Many of us would enter a tiger’s lair before we would enter a dark cave. While caution is a useful instinct, we lose many opportunities and much of the adventure of life if we fail to support the curious explorer within us.”
– Joseph Campbell, the man, the myth the legend.
So I’ve arrived in NYC, officially marking the start of my next chapter in life [or at least that’s what everyone keeps saying]. Things I’ve discovered in my four days as a city girl:
- I live directly above a frozen yogurt store – this is good.
- I live directly across the street from a gym – this means “the gym is too far” can never be an excuse again. This is no good.
- Train weekend schedules are different from weekday – this means attempting a trial run for your work route on the weekend is not the same as the actual thing.
- Bagels are everywhere – guess it’s good I have that gym
- Walking is great when it’s warm out – not so much when it’s raining and snowing
- Going to Target in Queens is not the same as a Target in Upstate, NY – it is just as chaotic as the streets of New York.
- Wear comfortable shoes – but make sure they’re still cute.
- No car means no need for a DD when you’re out at the bars – this is good
More to come – any suggestions or advice?